Get Lamp Pre-Ordering Now Open, with Special Discount

Posted: December 10th, 2009 | Author: | Filed under: production | 13 Comments »

Here’s the big news: GET LAMP is going to be released in March of 2010.

Right now I’m focusing on editing, features, and packaging for what will be a 2-DVD set. I expect there will be a digital release and other formats as well, but I have no details on that at this time. In fact, there are many, many more details to come. The main reason I’m mentioning this at all right now is I am extending a special offer to “the fans”, as it were.

The documentary 2-DVD set will be $40. This I already know.

If you pre-order it now, however, it will cost you $30, a 25% discount.

The page for pre-ordering does not have much information on the packaging, what’s in it, what the whole thing is about. This is intentional; partially because some information is in flux, and partially because this offer is for the people who have been supporting me and helping me over the past few years. For these folks, they intend to buy it basically sight unseen; they just want the word. Well, here’s the word. And that’s why the discount is there.

I’m closing up the discounted price at the end of December. After that, it goes to $40 as I put up screenshots, packaging shots as they become available, and other information.

So if you were waiting for your chance, my wonderful friends and supporters, this is the time to pre-order.

Thank you.

13 Comments on “Get Lamp Pre-Ordering Now Open, with Special Discount”

1. 1 Johan Herrenberg said at 4:11 am on December 11th, 2009:

Congratulations, Jason! I have pre-ordered.

2. 2 Ross Harris said at 9:59 am on December 11th, 2009:

Wonderful news. Just pre-ordered a copy too.

3. 3 Jan Lund Thomsen said at 10:44 am on December 11th, 2009:

Pre-ordered.

I’ve been a big fan of adventure games since my first go on Zork back in 7th grade, so I’m looking immensely forward to the finished product.

–Jan;

4. 4 Ken said at 10:56 am on December 11th, 2009:

Any chance of selling out? Or will you print to meet demand?

5. 5 gnome said at 5:30 am on December 12th, 2009:

Pre-ordered!

Ahh, excellent news, that was..

6. 6 Jason Scott said at 8:29 am on December 12th, 2009:

There is no chance of selling out, and I will shift my order to my duplication company to meet the demand.

7. 7 Tyler said at 12:14 pm on December 12th, 2009:

Have you decided if/how you’re going to release an HD version?

8. 8 Thom Brooks said at 12:56 pm on December 12th, 2009:

I wonder how expensive it would be to distribute the movie inside of a cardboard box with a short intro book in the front and a plastic case containing the disks and feelies… I would gladly display it on the shelf next to the other 37 such boxes I own. ;)

Perhaps a ‘collector’s edition’ for another $10 would help to cover the production expense? (I can’t remember if this was an option on the survey or not.)

9. 9 basti said at 8:14 am on December 13th, 2009:

Great news! Will put a news on our site.

Will the DVDs be DVD-Rs (blue surface) or regular pressed/mastered DVDs (silver)?

10. 10 Ryan van Barneveld said at 10:29 am on December 13th, 2009:

Wow. Can’t wait. I was a member of the Adventurer’s Club, but my address has changed. I sent you the new 3 months ago. Any chance you can confirm you’ve got it on file?

I’ll have to re-watch BBS in preparation for this one.

11. 11 Chris Lepine said at 9:09 am on December 16th, 2009:

Ordered. Looking forward to reviewing this on ArtfulGamer.com or GameSugar.net when I receive my copy.

12. 12 John Inge Sivertsvik said at 12:42 pm on December 18th, 2009:

Mmmmm.. pre-ordered. Of course! :)

13. 13 you are likely to be eaten by a grue, so buy this film now | an ongoing collection of mostly harmless excessive rhetoric said at 7:21 am on October 3rd, 2011:

[…] about to click and pre-order GET LAMP, a documentary film about “text adventures” from Jason Scott. You may already be […]