PAX East Panel Video (Rough Cut)

Posted: April 4th, 2010 | Author: | Filed under: Interactive Fiction, interviews, Text Adventure History | 7 Comments »

While you’re waiting DVD release, and before I take it and smooth it over with a couple second camera sources I have been given, I wanted to share the PAX East Panel that occurred after the screening. I know a lot of people wanted to see this, and the room got so packed a few people who wanted to see the panel got turned away, so there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to properly see it. So here’s a “rough cut” of the panel, split into two pieces because of a size limit on Vimeo.

Panelists, left to right: Dave Lebling, Don Woods, Brian Moriarty, Andrew Plotkin, Nick Montfort, Steve Meretzky, Jason Scott. It’s about 1 hour and 8 minutes.

GET LAMP Pax Panel: Part 1 (Rough Cut) from Jason Scott on Vimeo.

and part 2:

GET LAMP Pax Panel: Part 2 (Rough Cut) from Jason Scott on Vimeo.

7 Comments on “PAX East Panel Video (Rough Cut)”

1. 1 Johan Herrenberg said at 9:04 am on April 4th, 2010:

Great! Thanks!

2. 2 Daniel Auger said at 7:28 pm on April 4th, 2010:

Thanks for getting this up so quickly. I’m looking forward to the release of Get Lamp.

3. 3 Daniel Pharos said at 4:18 am on April 5th, 2010:

Thank you very much for sharing this! What a panel you assembled there…

4. 4 Manolis said at 12:05 pm on April 5th, 2010:

Thanx for sharing :) Also if you have more PAX IF related stuff from the other discussions/panels, PLEASE – please share them :)

It would be nice too if they could be downloaded though ;)

5. 5 Jason Scott said at 8:02 pm on April 5th, 2010:

The video can most certainly be downloaded. Check the vimeo link next time.

6. 6 Perrin said at 6:01 am on April 6th, 2010:

Any chance of this going on the DVD or is too long and too late at this point? Or maybe on another DVD with the PAX cut of the film?

7. 7 Jason Scott said at 6:23 am on April 6th, 2010:

It’s too long and too big, it’ll not fit, and I’m locked into 2 DVDs at this point. I do promise to edit it, clean it up and make it generally available.