One of the Last Editing Updates

Posted: June 30th, 2010 | Author: | Filed under: production | 7 Comments »

If all you essentially do is edit 24/7 to get things done on time (and by time I mean way behind schedule), you end up looking like this:

IMAG0017

Note pale complexion, haunted eyes, overarching awareness of editing issues.

You also end up spending way too much time here:

IMAG0014

Note stacks of hard drives, useless glowing blue fan that’s still way too noisy, uncomfortable (for sitting) couch.

Last night, I rendered out various versions of the MC Frontalot music video shot years ago for this very production, and which has done very well by Mister Frontalot since that time.  A bizarre set of bugs related to upgrading from Sony Vegas 6.0 to 9.0 caused me have to re-render the poor thing 5 times before getting it right. I also rendered a hi-def mp4 version that will be on the DVD-ROM.

Today, I am working on the Infocom episode, including realizing yet another bonus feature was going to pop out of it, where I’d focus on the games as much as possible (in the episode it would just be too long a travel, although the games are discussed in some fashion, of course).

Sometime today, I will probably record my commentary tracks for the production.

Tomorrow night I show the Infocom episode in its fashion to a small group of people at a conference room in Google. It’ll help me make final editing decisions.

I will be in Boston on Saturday, most likely, to record the last commentary tracks.

Wednesday, I hope to have a DVD ISO set, which I will share with some testers.

Thursday, it all goes to the duplicators.

I get a check disk back from them by fedex, I test it like crazy. Then give the go-ahead.

It’s getting busy around here.

7 Comments on “One of the Last Editing Updates”

1. 1 Derek said at 11:32 am on June 30th, 2010:

DVD ISO sets? *ears perk up* I’d love to play with that if you want another tester. :-)

2. 2 Harry Kaplan said at 12:28 pm on June 30th, 2010:

Jason, at least take a lunch break.

3. 3 Val said at 5:10 pm on June 30th, 2010:

stay sane!

4. 4 Joe Newberry said at 6:09 am on July 1st, 2010:

You are a dedicated man. I’m sure your hardships will be well worth it in the long run. It still seems easier than getting the Babel fish.

I just placed my pre-order, which I hope will make up for my cheapness in not buying the BBS documentary. Fingers crossed, my wife won’t want to have a discussion about why I spent 45 dollars on a documentary about text adventures.

5. 5 Nick said at 8:41 am on July 1st, 2010:

Harry’s right, a bit of eating and sleeping would is a good idea.

Also, I’d be very, very careful if my fan was glowing blue like that.

6. 6 mike said at 11:19 pm on July 1st, 2010:

Phew! All this work has taken it out of me! It’s knackering enough just reading the updates of the work.
    But thanks for the efforts!

7. 7 basti said at 1:41 am on July 6th, 2010:

Thanks for the efforts, Jason!

And as if you wouldn’t have enough to do already: My address will change by the end of the month. I guess, this might be right in the period when the DVD will finally ship. Is there a good way to update it or do I just send an email to jason (at) textfiles (dot) com?