The Greatest News Ever

Posted: July 13th, 2010 | Author: | Filed under: production | 12 Comments »

12 Comments on “The Greatest News Ever”

1. 1 Casper said at 5:48 pm on July 14th, 2010:

Who’s a watsit all about??

2. 2 Drew Wallner said at 7:06 pm on July 14th, 2010:

If I had to hazard a guess, I’d say that’s the proof/master back from the duplicators, playing on a TV, and showing that it works as intended and has functional subtitles, and therefore…we’re gonna get shipments soon?

3. 3 mike said at 10:35 pm on July 14th, 2010:

I’m guessing ‘greatest news ever’ is that master is done n dusted, and it’s all systems go? Brill!!!!

4. 4 Johan Herrenberg said at 12:41 am on July 15th, 2010:

Can’t wait to see that on my own screen here!

5. 5 Lee Seitz said at 6:38 am on July 15th, 2010:

Douglas Adams is alive again and working on a new Infocom game??? (I’d rather he finish The Salmon of Doubt, actually.)

6. 6 Jason Scott said at 7:14 am on July 15th, 2010:

Douglas is certainly alive in our hearts, I like to think.

7. 7 Drew Wallner said at 12:53 pm on July 15th, 2010:

Well said.

Maybe I’m not the only one who gets a little choked up every time he sees the final few frames of the Hitchhicker’s Guide movie? :)

8. 8 Sean Huxter said at 5:02 pm on July 15th, 2010:

Sure, but they lost a great opportunity. I have a taped reading of Douglas Adams who does an amazing job as the sperm whale. And they didn’t use it in the film. It was perfect, and could have been a great addition to the film.

Yes, the last frames were wonderful. But they could have done more.

9. 9 Danny said at 6:49 pm on July 15th, 2010:

That’s great news indeed, can’t wait to see it!

10. 10 Oscar Tejero said at 6:45 am on July 16th, 2010:

I´m going to sleep under the mailbox.. as Charlie Brown used to do…
    I love Douglas Adams…

11. 11 Peter said at 4:58 pm on July 17th, 2010:

Whatever this enigmatic news is, it’s awfully exciting.

12. 12 Jason Scott said at 1:01 am on August 3rd, 2010:

For people who stumbled on this later, this was the first time I had a fully mastered GET LAMP disc working (it was still a DVD-R-DL, but it was exactly the same as the final product). I ran it on my brother’s TV and DVD player, and it all just worked. The first time you see something like this, without the distracting computer software that makes the image and sound a trapped creature inside a smaller window, is quite breathtaking.