Shipping Begins in Earnest

Posted: August 1st, 2010 | Author: | Filed under: production | 7 Comments »

EITHER A LOT OF GET LAMP OR A DRUG BUST

I’m now in the same room as over a thousand copies of GET LAMP, with another two thousand plus on the way via truck.  What was once a rather idyllic room is now quickly becoming a full shipping center.

I’ve got hundreds of printing labels, over a thousand shipping packages, over a thousand coins… it’s kind of fearful, really. All of this is leaving across this week.

I was able to print a few full postage labels, get the coins synced, get it all wrapped up.  So the machine is beginning to work.

This is going to be a very busy week.

7 Comments on “Shipping Begins in Earnest”

1. 1 Johan Herrenberg said at 12:53 am on August 3rd, 2010:

Good luck, Jason. And stamina! Eagerly looking forward to the arrival of the finished product.

2. 2 Gnome said at 12:55 am on August 3rd, 2010:

Good luck! Frankly, I just can’t wait to get my hands on this.

3. 3 Mike said at 2:03 am on August 3rd, 2010:

Has it left yet? Has it left yet? Has it left yet? Has it… ;-)

4. 4 Josh Renaud said at 5:24 am on August 3rd, 2010:

Great to see things are trucking along!

I am in the middle of vacation in Bolivia, so I won’t be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor until I get back. Can’t wait!!

5. 5 RossH said at 6:38 am on August 3rd, 2010:

A happy, yet also a sad day.

I cannot wait to get my hands on my copy of Get Lamp, but it also marks the end of the wait, which thanks to this site has been quite an enjoyable experience in itself.

There’s no better way to start the day than to find a new bit of news on this site…

So, any plans for a “Get Lamp 2″… ;-)

6. 6 John Inge Sivertsvik said at 9:11 am on August 3rd, 2010:

Yes please, make a documentary on Sierra Online and Lucasfilm/Lucasarts next.. :)

7. 7 Brian said at 9:19 pm on August 3rd, 2010:

…or about Origin Systems and Ultima (25th anniversary of Ultima IV, a game that influenced much, is this year).