To the Esteemed Adventurers’ Club

Posted: August 4th, 2010 | Author: | Filed under: production | 9 Comments »

A solid greetings to the members of the GET LAMP Adventurer’s Club.

In December of 2006, you provided me with $100 apiece towards my next documentary, GET LAMP.  In return for your faithful investment of $100, you received a copy of the BBS Documentary and a promise of a name in credits, and three copies of whatever came out on the other end.

Here, it is July of 2010. You have not complained or questioned yourselves, and you have patiently waited, occasionally mailing in words of encouragement or suggestions. Some of you ended up being interviewed and are in the movie.

I am pushing out the pre-orders before you, mostly to make 100% sure the packages are going to the right place. I’ve verified most of you already, but there might be some stragglers. I will not be mailing out until contact is made.

Your appearance in the credits looks like this:

vlcsnap-2010-07-20-02h35m30s167

The interactive and non-interactive versions of GET LAMP, as well as the PAX Mix and any future versions, will have this screen.

I reserved coins 001-010 for myself and some family members ( Don Woods got 001, I get 002), and I gave Coin #042 to Steve Meretzky. With his exception, coins 011-162 will go to Adventure Club Members. I am going to stagger your coins, i.e. everyone will get a coin from 011-062, then a coin from 063-113, and so on.  This way, you get at least one sub-100 coin and at least one sub-200 coin.

I hope the wait was worth it, and the payoff worth it.

We’ll be in touch.  Thanks again for such patience and faith.

9 Comments on “To the Esteemed Adventurers’ Club”

1. 1 toddmp said at 4:30 am on August 4th, 2010:

Can wait! Although I am not on the Adventurers club I am so excited to get this after all these years of waiting and reading about it.

thanks again Jason.

2. 2 Michael Kohne said at 5:08 am on August 4th, 2010:

Thanks, Jason. I’m pretty sure it’s worth the wait!

3. 3 Robert Paloutzian said at 7:34 am on August 4th, 2010:

Now THIS I will not stand for! :P

4. 4 RossH said at 7:51 am on August 4th, 2010:

WTF . I ordered my DVD last year and now I have to wait while people who gave twice as much money to you 5 years ago to help fund the documentary get their disks a few hours quicker than I do.

How is this fair?

;-)

5. 5 Eric said at 10:00 am on August 4th, 2010:

Excellent! It’s been a long wait, but it’s exciting to see everything come together.

Thanks for all the hard work!

6. 6 Sean Huxter said at 11:10 am on August 4th, 2010:

Sigh. Now I wish I gave that $100.00 back then. I had the will, but not the cash. Would have been well worth it!

7. 7 Brett Brewer said at 2:16 pm on August 4th, 2010:

Damn, there’s an Adventurer’s Club!? I wish I’d known, I would have gladly given $100 after seeing that BBS Documentary. Can I be in the next Adventurer’s Club? Where do I send my check? I wanna be in the Adventurer’s Club! Waaaaaaaa!

8. 8 Matt Penna said at 3:07 pm on August 4th, 2010:

I can’t wait to see it! I never had any doubt you’d remember us.

Thank you for all of your hard work!

9. 9 Michel Vuijlsteke said at 4:11 pm on August 4th, 2010:

Words can not express how happy I am. :)