Pack It Up Pack It In

Posted: August 5th, 2010 | Author: | Filed under: production | 7 Comments »

Yesterday was a full-scale assault on the GET LAMP backlog. A bunch went out by hand on Monday and Tuesday, mostly testing the electronic postage, packaging, and processes, but yesterday was the big guns.

I hired a couple of friends, Team Orcutt, a husband-and-wife set who live nearby, and we started out with a discussion on best practices, roles, and a safe and healthy workplace (the last solved with a fan blowing the air conditioner into the main part of the room).

We figured out roles, figured out some ways to save time, and generally got our act together regarding process and procedure. Within no time, we were accurately blowing out packages by the bin.

GET LAMP Packing August 2010 GET LAMP Packing August 2010 GET LAMP Packing August 2010 GET LAMP Packing August 2010 GET LAMP Packing August 2010 GET LAMP Packing August 2010

Over 400 domestic packages went out yesterday. We hope to get even more out today.

7 Comments on “Pack It Up Pack It In”

1. 1 Kristian Karlsen said at 1:55 am on August 5th, 2010:

Might be to late, or to much work. But would it be possible for you to send out an email when the package is being sent? Would be nice to get a confirmation that the pre-order isn`t lost, as far as I can see I haven`t received any mail or confirmation other than paypal recipe.

2. 2 Johan Herrenberg said at 3:31 am on August 5th, 2010:

Love the dog, guarding all those treasures!

3. 3 Alex said at 7:15 am on August 5th, 2010:

I too have not received any e-mail confirmations recently, which you said were going out. I have the receipt and am hoping all’s well. A confirmation might be helpful though.

4. 4 Michael Seery said at 8:22 am on August 5th, 2010:

Email, shmemail.

I would like — nay, *DEMAND* — a live video feed where I can watch my DVD being packaged for shipping, handed off to the shipper, and along the entire length of the transcontinental delivery route.

5. 5 Chris said at 2:46 pm on August 5th, 2010:

Yeah, I think I see my copy in the second picture, 12 up from the bottom of the stack on the right.

6. 6 mike said at 11:02 pm on August 5th, 2010:

Its been fun seeing the process through these pages, and impressive to watch how the small dedicated team has worked through things so well. It’s appreciated!

7. 7 Chris Orcutt said at 11:30 am on August 6th, 2010:

Still pending: our first OSHA meeting, Jason! Agenda items: lack of a window that opens, and a menacing dog in the workplace.