Team Orcutt Taps Out; The GET LAMPs Come and Go

Posted: August 6th, 2010 | Author: | Filed under: production | 25 Comments »

Team Orcutt finished up their (paid) run with me today, with an open offer to return if things heat up again. What we all did together was prepare the packaging for over 1000 copies of GET LAMP, and mail out or label for mailing out all the domestic copies sold before July 18th. Since the first pre-orders came in December, that was quite a backlog to shoot through. There’s a couple crates of domestics by the door ready to head out today (Friday) and then, again, I’ll be caught up to July 18th on domestic.

Here are the international bound copies, ready to get mailing labels and customs forms.

IMAG0080

At this moment of writing, I’m only up to April 14th with internationals in terms of boxing, but I’m about to dive down into the remaining pile and keep going.

While we were going through this pile of to-be-boxed GET LAMPs, a truck arrived with the balance of my order.

IMAG0077

All I can say is, it pays to have a forklift. The moral of the story is always have a forklift.

IMAG0075

That’s my brother, Brandon. He says hi.

IMAG0074

So, as previously discussed, piles of boxes of GET LAMP are heading to hundreds of homes around the world.  I hope it was worth the wait. Let me (and the world) know if it was.

25 Comments on “Team Orcutt Taps Out; The GET LAMPs Come and Go”

1. 1 Danny said at 12:37 am on August 6th, 2010:

Very impressive! I’ve been looking forward to “Get Lamp” for several years now and when my copy (pre-ordered back in December) will finally arrive at my doorstep in a few weeks, nothing will be able to withold me from enjoying it to the absolute fullest. Thanks so much for the incredible effort you’ve put into this project – from the beginning to now.

And say ‘hi’ back to Brandon. :-)

2. 2 Tony said at 1:24 am on August 6th, 2010:

Oh my god, I think I can see my copy in the international pile !!!! Yes, I can’t bloody wait to get my grubby hands on GET LAMP :)

Keep up the good work Jason…you have done & are still doing an amazing job.

3. 3 Jason Scott said at 1:55 am on August 6th, 2010:

Tony, your copy went out a day or two ago. Contributing musician, after all. I also wanted to note I have since boxed all internationals up to July 18th, so it’s down to labelling and postage.

4. 4 Sean Huxter said at 9:16 am on August 6th, 2010:

My friend Lorien just reported in thusly:

“Open mailbox. You open the mailbox. GET LAMP. Lamp taken.”

She’s coin #335!

WOOT! (Can’t wait to get home and >Open Mailbox)

5. 5 Andrew Garaffa said at 12:14 pm on August 6th, 2010:

I can’t believe it’s finally here! Just came in from getting the mail, I can’t wait to watch it. Oh, by the way… coin #456. Thanks for all the dedication and hard work you put into this project Jason.

6. 6 Greg Hartman said at 1:53 pm on August 6th, 2010:

I got my copy today, #721. Probably one of the highest numbers from the preorder batch. I’ll probably watch it next week with some friends who are out of town.

7. 7 tmp said at 2:36 pm on August 6th, 2010:

Got mine today. woohoo. #413

8. 8 Mike said at 2:48 pm on August 6th, 2010:

Hi Brandon, love the makeshift forklift!

9. 9 Jason said at 3:40 pm on August 6th, 2010:

Well, since all the cool kids are doing it:

> OPEN MAILING BOX

In your excitement you take hold of the cardboard tab and pull. Pausing only briefly to mutter an expletive about the plastic backing being weaker than the cardboard it’s supposed to tear, you open the box. Inside is a DVD case and a coin.

> LOOK COIN

You see a compass rose with the primary directions, along with their less-common kin like north-by-northeast-by-where-are-we. In the center is a number.

> READ NUMBER

It’s number 0851. Weren’t exactly all over this one, were ya, sparky?

10. 10 Jason Scott said at 3:42 pm on August 6th, 2010:

I’ll mention this in a future entry, but because of the Adventurers’ Club and the fact that each interviewee gets a coin, the lowest number a pre-orderer can get is 300. So count from 300 to see how many people got in before you.

11. 11 Jeremiah O'Neal said at 3:56 pm on August 6th, 2010:

12. 12 Bill Seward said at 4:03 pm on August 6th, 2010:

Got mine today. The weekend is ruined, ruined I tell you! Thanks for doing that, BTW. :-)

And only 266 people go in before me. Heh.

13. 13 Jason said at 4:11 pm on August 6th, 2010:

Speaking of Adventurers’ Club, when will we be able to sign up for the Quarter Plunkers’ Club to help get ARCADE made?

14. 14 Rich said at 5:33 pm on August 6th, 2010:

Got mine today. #652. I can’t believe it got here so fast. I thought mine would be later, since I waited so long to pre-order. I already watched it twice. Great job, Jason! The piece on Infocom was interesting (and sad), as was the short on my personal favorite: Scott Adam’s Adventure International. I think I’ll watch it again, tomorrow!

15. 15 Sean Huxter said at 5:37 pm on August 6th, 2010:

>open mailbox

You see nothing but cobwebs.

>open door

The door is locked.

>unlock door.

Unlocked.

>open door

You open the door and the wave of air conditioned air hits you in the face. Ahhhh… where would you be without air conditioning?

>in

The relative darkness of your hallway, after such bright sun, requires your eyes to adjust to the difference.

>e

Kitchen

The kitchen is small and cluttered. On the round table in the room is a package.

>examine package

The package is a white cardboard mailer. The return address tells you this is what you’ve been waiting for.

>rip open package

Inside the package is a pristine shrink-wrapped copy of the coolest documentary ever. On top of the DVD case is a small plastic envelope with a coin inside. The coin reads 0859.

*** YOU HAVE WON! ***

16. 16 Sean Huxter said at 6:03 pm on August 6th, 2010:

Further woot!: My game, “Piracy 2.0″ made it onto the DVD-ROM!!!

(So for anyone who wants to play it, it’s Release 1. I fixed some bugs in Release 2, and the second release is available at IF Archive as well as IFDB and the game’s web site… which is in the Help screen info in-game.)

Thanks, Jason! That’s huge!

Sean.

17. 17 Michael Stum said at 10:10 pm on August 6th, 2010:

Coin 523 (Shame on me, I know, I was late to the party) :) It was well worth the wait, just like BBS it’s a really deep, faithful and honest Documentary. Fantastic Job, once you start Fundraising for your next one I’ll definitely be in!

18. 18 David Richardson said at 11:16 pm on August 6th, 2010:

Don’t be ashamed of being coin 523 — I’m #834!

About the documentary, it seemed like it was written for people who already know a good bit about the topic already. My wife, who knows nothing about IF, thought the film was terribly dull.

I think that if the subject was better introduced, and the issues better explained, she’d have had an easier time with it.

As it is now, she was left wondering “what is IF anyhow?”

19. 19 Thom said at 8:36 am on August 7th, 2010:

Bravo, brilliant and thanks!

#845 here (I feel absolutely no shame. I ordered the day I found out about the project. Kind of difficult to have ordered any earlier in that case).

Just finished checking out the art fest and now I’m going to settle in with a couple slices of pizza and Get Lamp.

Huzzah!

My only regret is that it came in today. It’s Saturday. How can I take the day off to watch with cocktails when it’s Saturday? The universe is conspiring against my sneaking off work.

20. 20 RossH said at 8:54 am on August 7th, 2010:

#0453 arrived safe and sound today. That’s my Saturday night viewing sorted out!

21. 21 Brad Jewell said at 9:15 am on August 7th, 2010:

Coin #0579 has made it to it’s forever home.

Danke.

22. 22 JayP said at 4:33 pm on August 7th, 2010:

#0651 made it.

Now to enjoy the show.

23. 23 Keith said at 4:55 pm on August 7th, 2010:

After reading the comments, ran out and mine was in the mail also! #0472

24. 24 Shannon Harris said at 8:31 am on August 8th, 2010:

Got mine yesterday – #405 in a pre-order from December. Finished watching all of it this morning….it was worth the wait.

25. 25 robohara.com » Get Lamp Coin #405 said at 3:07 am on September 3rd, 2010:

[…] which coin. Fortunately for me, fellow customer Shannon Harris announced in the comments of this post that she (I have assumed all along that Shannon is female) had coin #405. Jason got the two of us […]