Uh, Wow.

Posted: August 9th, 2010 | Author: | Filed under: production | 12 Comments »

Folks, I throw up my hands – I am blown away by how many orders are coming in, how many kind words, how many links and fanmails and references and the rest.

I am trying to set a goal of having all orders out by Friday, international or other. It is touch and go whether this can be achieved, but I certainly will have a good majority if not all. I am truly humbled here. This is the absolute best problem to have.

I just sent a check to the coin company, because we’re starting to enter the general realm of selling out the initial run, and making new coins takes about three weeks. Oh, and the coins cost 20% more this time because the price of gold has gone up. Who knew gold prices would affect a documentary? Ken Burns never has this problem. Anyway, every copy gets a coin, that’s a guarantee.

Thanks, everyone!

12 Comments on “Uh, Wow.”

1. 1 guppy said at 3:15 pm on August 9th, 2010:

Wait, the coins have real actual gold in them? You shouldn’t have… Awesome. :)

2. 2 Jennifer Buckle said at 5:53 pm on August 9th, 2010:

We got our copy of “Get Lamp” today! Gene is currently watching it. Thanks for doing this Jason! It means a lot to lots of people.

3. 3 Dave Ross said at 6:12 pm on August 9th, 2010:

Watching it now. Loving it!

4. 4 Tim aka Guybrush said at 7:57 pm on August 9th, 2010:

yay! Thanks for the years of work to let all these people tell their stories. I’m very happy to be able to hear them : D

5. 5 Mike said at 9:59 pm on August 9th, 2010:

Fantabulous! Great to hear it’s all going well!

6. 6 Nick said at 3:35 am on August 10th, 2010:

Still waiting for Kagi payment option ;-) Then I’ll join the good ship tell Jason how great he is.

7. 7 Gene Buckle said at 7:46 am on August 10th, 2010:

Jennifer (look back a few entries) bought Get Lamp for me for our 11th wedding anniversary. No where else does a better partner exist. :)

g. (#1266!)

8. 8 Dave Gilbert said at 8:16 am on August 10th, 2010:

Jason! Just finished watching the DVDs. AMAZING work. It reminded me what I was trying to achieve by going into game development in the first place. Well worth the money, and the coin was a wonderful touch. The amount of work you put into this is mind-boggling, but extremely appreciated. There’s nothing else I can say but… THANKS!

-Dave

9. 9 ZUrlocker said at 8:36 am on August 11th, 2010:

Just ordered after seeing the CNET article. Can’t wait to get the DVD.
    –Zack

10. 10 Jacob Gunness said at 5:12 am on August 12th, 2010:

Jason, congratulations with your success. It seems well deserved after this Herculean effort!

11. 11 Bernd Harnischmacher said at 7:26 am on August 23rd, 2010:

Jason, i am absolutly happy about getting my copy last weekend; the coin is number 333, this is awesome and thank you very much for the work you have made!

Best whishes!

Bernd

12. 12 John Kelly said at 1:25 am on August 25th, 2010:

Thank-you, Jason. My copy arrived yesterday, and instead of delaying gratification I just watched it immediately, complete with extras, in one sitting.

I still get sad about the demise of Infocom (and Level 9 and Magnetic Scrolls, for that matter), but it was so good to see all those Imps talking about the good times on your film.